Saturday 7 December 2013

Benefit the Porefessional Primer | December 7th

Image

 

As I've said in previous posts I won two Benefit products from the Two Truths and a Lie Facebook game competition and the second product was the Porefessional Primer.

Honestly, I would never spend this much money on a primer not matter how good it is. I don't care how good it is, I ain't ever repurchasing this stuff. I mean, it's $53 where I live. 
This is the way my brain works in regards to make up purchases
Eyeshadow Palettes? Yes I can spend over $50 no problem thank you
Blushes? Yes I can spend $45 for that NARS blush when I've saved up for it that makes sense
Primer - NO WAY YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE IT

So that's a little glimpse at my thought process. I will admit, I do really like this primer and it does make my foundation look a bit nicer and also stay a bit longer. My pores aren't as noticeable which is really nice as well so it does what it's supposed to and it does it well. I'm just not a fan of the price tag, that's my only problem with it. It reminds me a bit of my Bourjois Flower Perfection Translucent Smoothing Primer. The Bourjois one is a little bit harder to spread  because it's more of a gel thing than a liquid but they do similar things to my face.

So that's my review. If you have $53 to spend on a primer I would recommend it, if you don't go for the Bourjois one. 

3 comments:

  1. I've been in love with Porefessional ever since I had a sample of it a couple of years ago, but I agree with you on the price. Thanks so much for the recommendation, I'm off to look that Bourjois primer up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bourjois one is good it's just not as easily spreadable as the Benefit one but it's silicone based I think so they're really similar in texture. (I just did this whole post about where you can find the Bourjois one but you're not Australian so it's completely irrelevant and you probably don't even know where Surfers Paradise is.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that's alright, we've got Bourjois in all our main drugstores so finding it's no trouble! :) I think I'll head over and swatch it - anything for that peach-skin feeling :)

    ReplyDelete